From internship placement, to standardized test preparation, from calculating how to pay for college to navigating the enrollment process for trade school; we are here to help Little Brothers and Sisters, parents and Bigs work together to make a plan, take action and meet your education and career goals. Big Futures promotes high school graduation, career exploration and workforce readiness for teens preparing to take the next BIG step into vocational/trade school, military service, 2 or 4-year education programs.
The best part? Little Brothers and Sisters can take advantage of all the benefits Big Futures has to offer, at no cost and with no application requirements.
ALL Littles, beginning their freshman year of high school, are automatically enrolled to receive Big Futures monthly college and career newsletter, invitations to group-based workshops, college tours, job shadow days and internships/work study opportunities and can sign up any time for a 1:1 counseling session with our Program Specialist, Mariana Mendoza Casanova.
- Individual career counseling and vocational/job training referrals
- Exclusive access to internships, job training and summer enrichment programming
- Assistance preparing applications
- Mock interview preparation with HR experts
- Financial planning
- ASVAB preparation and job selection for military enlistment
- School/job retention support to address unforeseen issues that arise
- Individual 4 and 2-year college counseling
- Group workshops (financial aid, college application, high school success, ACT prep, etc.)
- Personalized information about upcoming applications and deadlines
- Assistance with applications, essays, scholarships and financial aid
- College retention support to help in selecting/registering for classes, completing annual financial aid forms, connecting to on campus resources for specific needs and addressing unforeseen issues as they arise.
For more info contact:
Mariana Mendez-Casanova at MarianaM@SDBigs.org or 858-746-9188.