1. Who can be a Big?
Anyone can be a mentor. It is about starting a consistent friendship and inspiring positive change to empower children to believe they can achieve their dreams.
Big Brothers Big Sisters volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Make at least a one-year commitment to the program
- Meet with your Little Brother/Little Sister at least 2 times a month for 2-4 hours each time (Site-Based is 1 hour a week during the 9-month school year)
- Possess a valid social security number, driver’s license and current car insurance
- Have a safe driving record (no DUIs within the past three years; no more than two moving violations in the past year)
- Never been convicted of a felony
- No illegal drug use currently or within the last twelve months