What is the “Traditional Mentoring” Program?
An adult volunteer mentors a child between the ages of 7 and 16, spending one-on-one time together twice a month. Through activities like playing ball, catching up over lunch and going to the park, life-changing friendships are built. Having the friendship and support of a mentor opens a child’s eyes to new possibilities.
What are the eligibility requirements for being a mentor?
- Must be age 18 or older
- Pass a background check
- Have a valid CA drivers license
- Commit to at least one year in the program
What is the Process to become a Big Brother or Sister?
- Join us at a Volunteer Information Session;
- Come in for a interview, so we can answer your questions and get to know you better;
- Get Matched with a compatible youth ages 7-16;
- Meet with your Little Brother/Sister twice a month and receive ongoing support and access to exclusive BBBS events and activities!