Accountable from the start.
Big Brothers Big Sisters is the most well-respected and well-recognized name in youth mentoring. You can see it in all the Littles out there that have become something bigger. And it’s also in the ratings and endorsements we’ve received from organizations that measure accountability. Take a look:
- BBBS of San Diego County was a top three finalist for Agency of the Year (2012), and received BBBS of America’s Gold Standard Award, in 2007, 2008, 2012 and 2015 for providing excellent service, being fiscally responsible and meeting all top organizational quality standards.
- BBBS of San Diego County was named Board of the Year (2016), BBBS of America’s highest Board honor.
- Charity Navigator, America’s premier independent charity evaluator, has awarded BBBS of San Diego County the coveted 4-star rating (out of 4) for sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency. View our rating >
- Big Brothers Big Sisters was named the #1 Nonprofit for At-Risk Youth by GuideStar’s Philanthropedia. View our rating>
- Great Nonprofits, a leading provider of reviews and ratings of nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S, has ranked Big Brothers Big Sisters of America as a top Children’s and Families Nonprofit and awarded us a 5-star rating. View our rating >
- The American Institute of Philanthropy includes Big Brothers Big Sisters of America in its list of Top-Rated Charities. In fact, we’re one of only two national youth-development organizations to receive AIP’s top rating of A+. View our rating >
- The Better Business Bureau’s Wise Giving Alliance has recognized Big Brothers Big Sisters of America as a top charity, meeting all Standards for Charitable Accountability including governance, fund raising practices, solicitations and spending.View our report >
- Of the more than 1 million charities operating in the United States today, fewer than 2,000 have been awarded The Independent Charities Seal of Excellence. We happen to be one of them. The award is given to Independent Charities of America members that have, upon rigorous independent review, been able to certify, document, and demonstrate on an annual basis that they meet the highest standards of public accountability, program effectiveness, and cost effectiveness.These standards include those required by the U.S. Government for inclusion and participation in the Combined Federal Campaign, one of the most exclusive fund drives in the world. The campaign’s mission is to promote and support philanthropy through a program that is employee focused, cost–efficient, and effective in providing federal employees the opportunity to improve quality of life for all.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters is also proud to belong to the Children’s Charities of America fundraising consortium. CCA is a nonprofit federation that pre-screens and certifies high-quality national charities working to protect and assist children in the U.S. and around the world.
- In addition to these ratings and endorsements, Big Brothers Big Sisters was named a “gold star” charity by Forbes magazine.